Capitol Theatre, Te Puke (1960-1969)

Original Filename: Capitol_Theatre.png (view)

Original Size: 102 KB

Original Image Type: image/png

Capitol Theatre, Te Puke (1960-1969) .

Caption

On the 1 August 1930 the newly refurbished Alliance Hall was re-opened as the ‘Capitol Theatre’. At that time the Capitol Theatre was reputed to have the tallest screen in the southern hemisphere, at 38 feet, and the largest stage.  A large doorway was later made into the side of  the building to enable elephants to enter with travelling circuses who hired the stage for shows. Photo: Research Collections, Tauranga City Library.

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion

Capitol Theatre, Te Puke (1960-1969)


City:Te Puke, New Zealand
Year:c.1965
Location where this photo was taken:


Latitude and Longitude coordinates: -37.7861649,176.3254445

javascript needs to be on to use Google Maps

Other Resources

Results via DigitalNZ

Powered by