Alliance Hall, Te Puke (1918)

Original Filename: 18_james_geraghty_alliance_hall_picture_theate_te_puke_nz.TIF (view)

Original Size: 3.1 MB

Original Image Type: image/tiff

Alliance Hall, Te Puke (1918).

Caption

Caption: The Alliance Hall - where silent movies, dances, and balls were frequently held - was replaced by the Capitol Theatre in 1930. The hall and an adjacent shop, Wrigley's Drapery, was photographed in 1918. Standing in the doorway of the shop are Dale Wrigley, Clara Bishoprick (later Mrs F. Gemming), and Jim Geraghty Snr (the tall man), who owned the Alliance Hall. This photograph appeared in the Bay Sun on 20 January 1991 (p. 12). Image courtesy of Colin John Geraghty (2012).

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion

Alliance Hall, Te Puke (1918)


First Names:James
Last Name:Geraghty
Date of Birth:1872
Place of Birth:New Zealand
City:Te Puke, New Zealand
Year:1918
Location where this photo was taken:


Latitude and Longitude coordinates: -37.7861649,176.3254445

javascript needs to be on to use Google Maps