Topic: Wharepai Domain (Cameron Road)

Topic type:

Looking strange? see an archived version here

  • The southern part of the Tauranga Domain was called the Wharepai Ground or Wharepai Domain after David Asher’s Boarding House, Wharepai which was built on Hamilton Streetin 1901 and demolished in 1971.
  • Ngai Tamarawaho and Ngati Tapuhapu (family groups) occupied the land before the Ngati Maru war party attack in 1828.
  • In 2013 this carved poupou representing the tangata whenua who once lived in this area was unveiled

This page was archived at Perma cc March 2017 https://perma.cc/uc2s-p5dk

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion

Wharepai Domain (Cameron Road)


Year:2014
City:Tauranga
Location:


Latitude and Longitude coordinates: -37.708722,176.14850590000003

javascript needs to be on to use Google Maps