This is an archive of past National Jazz Festivals in Tauranga. You'll find images, video and old programmes among other things. It has been a joint project between the Tauranga Jazz Society and the City Libraries.
The last Jazz festival to see content added on Tauranga Memories was the 2013 festival.
The National Jazz Festival is the longest running Jazz Festival in the Southern Hemisphere and one of the oldest in the world. For 50 years the Festival has entertained hundreds of thousand of residents and visitors to the Bay of Plenty region. 2012 marked the 50th anniversary of the Festival. The Festival is governed by the Tauranga Jazz Society (Incorporated Society with charitable status), which also runs monthly Jazz Club concerts.
- The 2013 National Jazz Festival
- A Storify of tweets, photos, videos and articles of the event...
- Come on a walk with me (a 10 minutes video/walk through the City Centre during the Festival)
- Local Event Photographers Dynamiks Multimedia were there - see their images here.
- The 2012 (50th) National Jazz Festival
- Jazz Festival 1969 - 2004 (click here)
- What happened 2012? (click here)
- The History of the Tauranga Jazz Festival (click here)
- The Margaret Petch Scrapbooks (click here)
- Brian Geoghan recalls the 1970s and 80s (audio - click here)
- List all articles about the festival
- Browse all images within the Tauranga Memories archive