Topic: Mauao Area Wildlife Trust Open Day (2014)
On the third anniversary of the Rena Disaster (Sunday, 5 October 2014) the Mauao Area Wildlife Trust will hold an Open Day at Mt Drury Sound Shell.
There will be a sausage sizzle, fun family beach activities, information on the wildlife of the area and how you can become involved and free wildlife tours.
- Meet the locals dedicated to caring for our unique and special wildlife.
- Join the guided walks around Moturiki (Leisure) Island and learn all about it's history and the penguins and other wildlife that live there and on Mauao and Motuotau (Rabbit) Island.
- Join the fun and games on the beach.
- View the original sketch of the Rena penguin sculputure by local artist Peter Cramond before it goes up for auction.
- Help us to help those who live here have a voice.
This page archived at Perma CC in November of 2016: https://perma.cc/C457-2YL4