All Results in Historic Buildings & Places topics

showing 1-20 results of 24 [
]
Place
All the soldiers and sailors who died at the battles of Gate Pā and Te Ranga were buried in the cemetery established by the missionaries in 1838. It is also
2016
Place
On 5 July 2015 the archaeological site in Masonic Park in Tauranga was photographed by Debbie McCauley.
2015
Place
In 1989 sixteen acres of land in an area of Welcome Bay, Tauranga, in the area known as Maungarangi or the 'Heavenly Hills' was purchased on which to establish the
2012
Genealogy Record
John Chidley Reynolds died of pneumonia on 24 March 1876 in Ohinemutu. His body was moved to Tauranga and he was buried in Mission Cemetery (Otamataha Pā). He does not
2016
Genealogy Record
Albert Laidley was involved in an accident on Tauranga harbour in 1872 when the yacht 'Sappho' overturned and he was drowned.
2016
Genealogy Record
John Ferraby died in Tauranga in 1872. A coroner's inquest found that he "died by exhaustion through excessive drinking". He was buried by Archdeacon Alfred Brown in Mission Cemetery (Otamataha
2016
Genealogy Record
Robert Bruton Atkinson died in Tauranga in 1872. A coroner's inquest found that he "died by the visitation of God". He was buried by Archdeacon Alfred Brown in Mission Cemetery
2016
Event
As part of Local History Week and the 40th Anniversary of Nga Wahi Rangahau Research Collections, archivist Stephanie Smith gave a talk and tour of the Mission Cemetery on Saturday
2016
Event
On Sunday 2 October free guided tours were given of the Brain Watkins House at 233 Cameron Road (corner Elizabeth St & Cameron Rd) in Tauranga as part of Local
2016
Place
Tauranga's Wharf Street was established in 1875. In 2015 the street underwent a major revamp into a dining precinct. Over 500 railway sleepers from the old Matapihi Railway bridge were
2015
Place
The Cowshed is the iconic building of the Tauranga Waldorf School, being the only building on the property when it was purchased in 1989.
2012
Place
There are many historic places in Tauranga, and a few historic buildings that have survived the drive for progress.  One such place is the 1847 Georgian-style Elms Historic House standing
2016
Object
Kōkiri (Meaning in Māori: empowerment through knowledge and education), is the name of the building purchased by the Tauranga Waldorf School in 2008 and relocated to the school grounds in
2012
Place
The Whakatane Hotel Accommodation building, dating from 1920, was moved onto it's new site at the Tauranga Waldorf School in Welcome Bay in 2004. Research, story and photographs by Debbie
2012
Place
Tuapiro Point is a small sand-spit opposite the northern entrance to Tauranga Harbour. The end of the sand-spit provides a great view of the harbour and provides a resting place
2012
Place
Kōkiri (Meaning in Māori: empowerment through knowledge and education), is the name of the building purchased by the Tauranga Waldorf School in 2008 and relocated to the school grounds in
2012, 1891, 1901
Place
The Kauri Classrooms were constructed in 1916 and, in 2001 were moved to the site of the Tauranga Waldorf School in Welcome Bay, Tauranga.
2012
Place
A building purchased from Te Puke Telecom by the Tauranga Waldorf School has been put to many uses over the years.
2012
Place
A small cottage on site at the Tauranga Waldorf School houses the school shop.
2012
Place
'The Wanderings of Ngaiterangi' is a retelling of the Ngaiterangi legends associated with the land that the Tauranga Waldorf School occupies. It was written in 2009 for the school children
2012